WAYS TO SUPPORT THE MUSEUM:
GIFTS to the ANNUAL FUND
Cash gifts that help us meet annual budgetary goals are deeply appreciated. Many employers also sponsor Matching Gift programs, matching charitable contributions made by employees (and sometimes a spouse). Most companies match dollar for dollar, while others double, or triple employee donations. If your employer has such a program, simply request a form from your employer and mail it, completed and signed, along with your gift to the Museum.
GIFTS to the ENDOWMENT FUND
Established in 1994 to assure long term financial stability the Fund grew steadily, exceeding its original $1 million goal, an extraordinary achievement. A profound negative impact upon the Fund was caused by the economic downturn. Our goal is to rebuild the corpus and become self-sustaining. The Endowment Fund is invested with and managed by Edward Jones where our Donor-Directed and Memorial Gifts are deposited.
Determining where one’s assets are spent makes possible apportioning a percentage of accumulated assets to benefit a favorite cause or charity while still providing for one’s heirs. Legacy Gifts can be directed to the Endowment, Annual Fund, or apportioned between the two to help meet current as well as future needs.
LEGACY GIFTS present opportunities to:
- Fulfill personal philanthropic goals
- Obtain tax benefits
- Receive an ongoing income stream through a life-income gift
- Help secure the Museum's financial future
We gratefully accept:
- Bequests in wills, testamentary or living trusts
- Life insurance policies
- Real estate
- Life income agreement (a charitable remainder trust or gift annuity)
- Appreciated securities, closely held stock or mutual funds
- Pooled income funds
- Designation as a beneficiary of an IRA or other savings retirement plan
- Life estates in residences, farms or ranches with HM&HS as ultimate recipient
For information on ways to leave a legacy through an Endowment or Named Gift, please call 707-431-3325, or email email@example.com.
In-kind donations of time or materials are also greatly appreciated!
HM&HS is a non-profit organization for educational and scientific purposes within the meaning of Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Our Federal Identification Number is 94-2401543